Saturn or Shani is the most dreaded planet by people. They fear its negative effects and are terrified of Shani’s sade-sati. However, Saturn is not necessarily a bad or negative planet. Depending on its placement in the horoscope, it may give positive or negative results, just like any other planet. It is one of the most misinterpreted planet.
Shani dev has a dark (black) complexion and wears blue coloured clothes. He rides a buffalo. He is sometimes depicted as riding a vulture as well as few other animals and birds. Saturn governs longevity of a person. Saturday is devoted to the worship of Shani dev.
The negative effects of Saturn lead to hurdles, delays, poverty, laziness, phobias and ill-health. When favourably placed, Saturn gives prosperity, wealth and land. It also makes a person honest and trustworthy. He is the lord of justice.
Saturn is a secretive and secluded planet. It is often referred to as a slow moving planet as it takes a very long time to move through the zodiac. It takes around two and half years to move from one zodiac/sun sign to another.
To reduce the adverse effects of Shani, perform the following remedies:
- Add black pepper and black salt in food.
- Feed physically disabled people.
- Distribute black shoes, black clothes and black umbrella to a cobbler or a beggar.
- Offer mustard oil to Shani dev on Saturday.
- Never buy oil, leather or metal on Saturday.
Refer to this video for knowing ways to gain Shani dev’s blessings:
- Consult an astrologer before doing any remedy to ensure that it suits you.
For any queries, feel free to contact us at Tanuj Astroseer.